Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale




Plot:
All the teenage girls from a small mountain village must attend the academy to learn how to become a princess. Miri soon finds herself confronted with a harsh academy mistress, bitter competition among the girls, and her own conflicting desires to be chosen.


Review:
I could not put this book down! I even missed dinner one night just to finish it! This story was very interesting and I loved the concept. It was filled with many twists and turns and reached out to places I don’t believe many other authors have written about. There is a magic to the story. I especially love near the end when the story takes a turn for the worse and puts you in a state where you don’t really want to believe what’s going on is really happening and neither do the characters. It keeps you very much on edge. I really liked the uniqueness in the characters’ names and personalities. I felt that there was more of a variety of characters throughout this story than in other books. This book I would especially recommend during the winter time too because it just has that sort of feel. Princess Academy may sound like a generic type of name with a generic kind of story to back it up, but trust me. It’s anything but generic and typical.

Rating:
5.0
Read again?
Most Likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment