Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Though we're far apart you're always in my heart. I <3 you MJ!



I literally cried all night and for days after when I found out Michael had passed away. MJ pretty much defines my childhood. Everything I remember from when I was little has some source of Michael and his music in it. I was born in 90' and can honestly say that he was definitely the first singer I ever knew. There are so many memories involving him and my childhood that I feel it would take up the pages of an entire book to name them all so I'll name some of my favorites. I remember being four years old and standing in front of the tv for hours, watching videos of MJ that my mom had recorded onto a tape. My favorite song of Michael's is Heal The World and I truly remember, as a four-year-old child, watching a video of him and many, many children singing it at a stadium together, wishing I could have been there and been one of the kids. Later I found out that it was a halftime performance he did at one of the NFL Superbowls. Also, one of my very, very absolute earliest memories is as a toddler (I must have been 2 or 3) watching the beginning of Thriller and crying because it scared me. I probably remember it so well because of the amount of times I watched the video later on in my childhood. And finally, one of my funniest memories is this: My sisters and I all idolized MJ. So one of my older sisters came up with this story when I ask her if I could sleep in her room one night. She said, "You can, but I just want you to know that Michael Jackson hides in my closet at night in his Thriller outfit." Partially thrilled & partially confused I said, "Well that's kind of cool. I mean then we'll actually get to meet him!" She said, "No, he's a zombie in there. He'll turn you into one too just like those others turn him into one in the video." Hahaha I must have been 5 and my sister 9. Then what's even funnier is that a few months later she told me, "Ya know that song In The Closet? Well he wrote that about my closet and how he hides in it!" Hahahaha I have so many heartwarming memories of MJ, they always are there to make me smile. I know his childhood was not the best so I just want to thank him for making mine so wonderful. Thank you Michael. You are more than the King of Pop, but the King of Entertainment, Giving, Love, and Selflessness. I love you and will miss you always.

Love, Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment