Tuesday, August 4, 2009

3 Willows by Ann Brashares




Plot:
The author of the bestselling Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series introduces the girls in a new sisterhood in this new series. Summer is a time to grow, and Polly, Jo, and Ama each sprout into young adulthood over the course of one summer.


Review:
Yay! A new sisterhood! I was so excited when I first heard about 3 Willows, I couldn’t wait to read it. And luckily, I was fortunate enough to win one of the very first ARCs of 3 Willows on Random Buzzers! It has a different feel that the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books, but still, a good feel. 3 Willows’s story is more about pulling friends who have drifted apart back together whereas the original Sisterhood is about keeping close friends together when they are physically apart. I do believe that this series is geared towards a younger reader than the original Sisterhood books, but don’t let that stop you from reading it. It takes you through the realistic ups and downs of early adulthood and each individual character’s summer. I thought it purposed a great start for a new Sisterhood series with new characters, new stories, and new themes. A great read, especially for fans of the original Sisterhood books. I highly recommend it to all. For those of you wondering, Jo’s story was my favorite.


Rating:
4.0
Read again?
Possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment