Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Girls in Pants by Ann Brashares




Plot:
The Pants first came to us at the perfect moment. That is, when we were splitting up for the first time. It was two summers ago when they first worked their magic, and last summer when they shook up our lives once again. You see, we don't wear the Pants year-round. We let them rest so they are extra powerful when summer comes. (There was the time this spring when Carmen wore them to her mom's wedding, but that was a special case.) Now we're facing our last summer together. In September we go to college. And it's not like one of those TV shows where all of us magically turn up at the same college. We're going to four different colleges in four different cities (but all within four hours of one another--that was our one rule). We're headed off to start our real lives. Tomorrow night at Gilda's we'll launch the Pants on their third summer voyage. Tomorrow begins the time of our lives. It's when we'll need our Pants the most.


Review:
Girls in Pants was another amazing read. I was really satisfied with the turn that the Sisterhood began to take in this book. Instead of just separating in the summer, the girls were preparing for the separation year round, throughout each of their individual college lives. Tibby is off to fulfilled what she really wants to do but possibly with a twist she hasn’t experienced before, Carmen’s world is changing along with her thoughts about which college she plans on going to, which she thought she had all figured out before, Bridget dives headfirst into a part of her past she’s not so sure she wants to remember or resolve, and Lena is debating on whether to fight her parents for what she really wants to do with her life or follow their lead on what they think is best for her. As expected, Girls in Pants delivers a well thought plot involving many issues and concepts we find ourselves involved in each day of our lives. You will not be disappointed with this edition. It’s another great one. Lena’s story was my favorite this time, in case you wondered. I could relate very much.


Fun Sideline:
During sophomore year I created my own Sisterhood item. An item that I could believe gave me strength. It was and is a rainbow colored bracelet (friendship bracelet really) that I weaved together myself, to remind myself that I am strong and should be confident in all my life choices and situations. I guess it is an inspiration brought out by the Sisterhood books and stories. I still wear it every day I feel a vulnerability and think I need I may need some extra security and strength. And everyday during my annual summer vacation to honor the Sisterhood goodness of it all.


Rating:
5.0
Read again?
Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment